Monday, January 5, 2015

Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?

I know, I already did a post today, but Berry did a Yearbook Smile Challenge today that I couldn't resist! Of course, if I'd ever looked this pretty in any of my RL yearbook pics, I think I would have dropped dead. So that's the first rule of taking a good yearbook picture, I guess. Just be good looking already. *laughs*

Challenge - Yearbook Pic


I get asked a lot why I smile in so many of my photos. The simple answer is that I'm happy and that tends to come out in my pictures. But truthfully, it's more that I cannot stand photos where people are just staring dead-eyed even though it's supposed to be a photo that conveys some kind of emotion. There are, of course, photos where a just neutral face is appropriate and that's fine. But if you're taking a picture where you're supposed to be jumping for joy and yet you look like you're just waiting for your car's oil change to finish up, well... that doesn't make for a very good picture in my opinion.

I don't really like any of the mesh mouths out there. I find that mostly they make people look like there's a good chance that person cannot put on their own shoes. And as I like my face, I haven't bothered with mesh heads. The regular avatar face is NOT the easiest to work with and the emotes we can do with our faces aren't always great, but you can make it work. I have a different shape for smiling. The eyes are bigger and wider, the cheeks are slightly more puffy, and I messed with my mouth while smiling until it became something I could work with. I do use a little bit of Photoshop, too, because my teeth tend to poke out a little bit in the corners when I smile. I will say that the Pink Fuel skin I'm wearing smiles really well. I've had other skins where no matter what I did, the smile never looked right. So if you have that problem, it really just might be your skin and not your shape.

Thanks for a fun challenge, Berry!!

In This Post:

Skin: Harley by Pink Fuel
Hair: Bijou 2 by Truth
Eyes: Promise by IKON
Lashes:
* Double Take tattoo lashes by .:Glamorize:.
* Natural Prim Lashes by La Sylphide [About a 1000 years old & no longer available]
Top: Luna Preppy Cardigan by The Secret Store
Pose: I just stood on a posestand and used Avimote to adjust myself

1 comment:

  1. You already know how jealous I am of your smile lol! I have a few pink fuel skins, gonna see if they are better with a smile now for sure. Thanks for participating! <3

    ReplyDelete