Monday, February 23, 2015

Bring It One More Time

I used to be really against templates. I watched my creator friends learn Blender and Maya and they'd curse and bang their heads against the walls and all to make first original sculpts, then original mesh. But over time, these same people have let me know that working with a template to texture it can be just as much work as it is to create it in the first place, and many of them hate texturing with a passion. Given the choice, I will still go towards the original mesh items first, but now I'm pretty happy to get things just because they're cute. :)

Style - Bring It One More Time


Ducknipple has a sub-brand called SLX Outfits, and that's pretty cool because you can get entire outfits for fairly cheap! Are they templates? I'm pretty sure! But it's all super darling and sometimes you find great pieces in the outfits. I liked the Hipster outfit immediately because of the jeans. Jeans in SL almost NEVER are long enough for me. I don't really care for skinny jeans [in either life] and I prefer a good boot cut or bell bottom jean that just about hits the ground. These jeans are awesome! The outfit includes the jeans, sweater [color change with a HUD], belly chain, and necklace that I'm wearing in this pic, plus a pair of sandals and a slim headband that didn't make it to the picture.

My sister has us doing inventory cleaning boot camp before The Arcade [I had to delete 6 things just to get this outfit!], so I'm back to the grindstone! Happy shopping!

In This Post:

Skin: Katya by Glam Affair
Hair: Vivi by Truth
Body: Lara by Maitreya
Hands and Feet by Slink
Outfit: Hipster by SLX Outfits/Ducknipple
Bag: Hipster Bag - Coffee by Remarkable Oblivion
Headpiece: Rosalies by Enfant Terrible [The Liaison Collaborative]
Pose: Social Climber by NanTra Poses [Vanity Fair]

No comments:

Post a Comment